Get a green card and apply for permanent US residency.

If you want to get a green card and become a permanent resident of the US, you may need immigration forms such as the:

How Long Can a Nonimmigrant Remain in the Country?

The US immigration authorities at the port of entry determine how long you can stay on a nonimmigrant visa. You can be deported if you stay longer.

The validity period shown on a nonimmigrant visa relates only to the period during which you can apply for admission into the United States.

If you qualify, you can become a permanent resident after being registered by the immigration service. Now you have your green card!

This status of US residency allows you to live permanently in the US, travel in and out without a visa, work at any job and accumulate time toward US citizenship.

Dual Citizenship

Can you be a dual citizen of the US and another country?

You may qualify for dual citizenship if you have been a dual citizen from birth or childhood or you became a citizen of another country after already having US citizenship.

As long as the other country does not have laws or regulations requiring you to formally renounce your US citizenship before US consular officials, then current US law allows you to keep both citizenships for life.

For more visa and immigration information, please visit Legal Language Services.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. Any information on this website should not be substituted for legal advice from a licensed attorney and no one should act or rely on the basis of any content included in this website without first seeking legal advice from an attorney.

While the information on this website is updated periodically, additional facts or future developments may affect the content of the site and no guarantee is given that the information provided is correct, complete, or up-to-date. Your review and use of this website is at your own risk.