Are you thinking of heading abroad to study or for a permanent move? There might be more in store for you than just dealing with culture shock!

There are a lot of steps involved in the process of moving your life to a new country and culture, but translation of academic documents isn’t necessarily the first thing that comes to mind. However, a language barrier could stand in your way if you’re looking to register at a local school or university.

If you’re moving to a country whose official language differs from that of your native country, it’s likely that you’ll have to translate your academic documents at some point.

Here are a few scenarios where professional academic document translation will be useful:

1. For accreditation purposes

If you’re studying abroad, chances are your host country or new home base will have a completely different education system from your country of origin. Your transcripts and diplomas will need to be translated and submitted for accreditation purposes. If you plan to do this, make sure you submit them to a professional translation service to make sure that your translations are of the highest quality possible.

2. To transfer credits

If you’re planning to study abroad, you will most likely need your credits transferred back to your home institution. Some college study abroad programs already have built-in equivalency programs with host institutions, but this isn’t always the case. If it’s not, you’ll need to make sure that your documents are translated accurately so your courses and credits count towards your degree at your college.

Make sure you find out about all of this for sure before you head abroad because this will give you a much better idea of what needs to be done when you return home.

3. For immigration purposes

If you’re immigrating to another country, you might have a different set of reasons for needing translation of your academic documents. You might want to have your degree accredited to continue your education or find a job in your new home country. Evaluation agencies will need to see translated transcripts and diplomas in order to determine your degree’s equivalent.

This also applies if you are planning on coming to the United States to work for a set amount of time either as part of a contract or internship. You’ll need your diplomas and transcripts translated to determine whether or not your degree corresponds to a US Bachelor’s Degree for certain work visas.

Make sure you’re aware of diploma and transcript translation requirements for visas and international students for any institutions where you’re applying to study.

How ULS Can Help

While it may be tempting to translate your documents yourself or have a bilingual friend help, this is never the safest choice. Your transcripts and diplomas could determine a large part of your future and you won’t want to leave something so important to chance.

A professional translation service like ULS will have a reliable staff with extensive knowledge of academic terminology and will be able to give your translation the attention and care it deserves.

Contact us today to learn more about our translation services. Call 1-800-419-4601 or simply fill out our free quote form.

Spread the love
0 0 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments