University Language Services Announces a $500 Scholarship
Eligible students either are currently enrolled or will be enrolled in an accredited United States college or university as of October 1, 2009; students will have previously studied outside of the United States for at least two years.
To enter, fill out the entry form and forward your essay of no more that 1000 words on the following question:
“When you arrived in the US after studying for two or more years in another country, what did you expect from your US college, university or high school? Have your expectations been met?”
Three runner-up scholarships of $100 each will also be awarded.
Select essays will be posted on our website.
Rules of Entry
- All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (EST) February 28, 2009.
- To be eligible, you must be a legal resident of the United States.
- To be eligible, you must be enrolled in an accredited US college or university either currently or as of October 1, 2009.
- To be eligible, you must have, at one point, studied outside the United States for at least two years.
- Your essay must be no longer than 1000 words.
- Your essay must be your own original work and must not have been published elsewhere.
- Prize money must be used to pay for tuition or fees at your college or university. Prize money is non-transferable.
- Entries become the legal property of University Language Services.
The winners will be announced on or about April 1, 2009.
Read the complete official rules and regulations.