Win a $500.00 College Scholarship from University Language Services!
High school students: What does college look like through your camera lens?
Show University Language Services for a chance to win a $500.00 college scholarship!
As a prospective student making college campus visits, you have a lot to take in: the dorms, the classrooms, the cafeteria, the football stadium … not to mention the atmosphere!
What makes you give a college a second look? What makes you look forward to stepping on campus for the first time as a new student?
We asked you to submit a photo you’ve taken while on a college tour, along with a description between 100-200 words on why that photo represents what college means to you.
Here’s how the contest works:
The contest will be split into 5 rounds during which students can submit their photos.
After each round of the contest, we’ll post the 8 best submissions on our website. Then, you and other visitors to our site can vote for your favorite! The 3 photos with the most votes will be the finalists for that round.
At the end of the final round, the scholarship winners will be chosen from the finalists by a panel of judges. First place will win a $500 scholarship, and second and third places will each receive $100 scholarships.
Here are the dates you need to know:
The voting period for each round will end at 11:59 a.m. EST on the dates specified below:
|Photos Submitted By:||Vote Between:|
|Round One:||Aug. 28, 2013||Sept. 3-16, 2013|
|Round Two:||Sept. 18, 2013||Sept. 23 – Oct. 7, 2013|
|Round Three:||Oct. 9, 2013||Oct. 14-28, 2013|
|Round Four:||Oct. 30, 2013||Nov. 4-18, 2013|
|Round Five:||Nov. 20, 2013||Nov. 25 – Dec. 9, 2013|
Remember: Photos do not need to be taken during the round that they are submitted, but they must be taken by you!
Please submit only one photo. In addition, photos are eligible for the round they are submitted in as well as all subsequent rounds, so please don’t submit the same photo multiple times.
Rules & Eligibility:
- To be eligible for a round, submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on the final day of the round.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST Nov. 20, 2013.
- Voting ends at 11:59 a.m. EST on the last day of each round’s voting period.
- You must be a legal resident of the United States who is currently enrolled in an accredited high school (or homeschooled) in the US.
- The photo must have been taken while visiting a college campus in the US.
- You must have taken the photo yourself.
- Your photo and description must be your own original work and must not have been published elsewhere.
- The description of your photo must be no longer than 200 words.
- You agree that your entry becomes the property of University Language Services, Inc.
- Read the complete rules.
Winners of the scholarship contest will be announced on or about Dec. 20, 2013, and select photos and descriptions will be posted on our website.