Win a $500.00 College Scholarship from University Language Services!
College students: What makes you glad that you decided to study abroad?
Take a photo of it for a chance to win a $500.00 college scholarship!
Whether you are currently studying abroad, have studied abroad in the past or have chosen a study abroad program that you will soon begin, University Language Services wants to know what made you realize that you made the right decision.
Is it a food? A building? A waterfront view? A city skyline?
Whatever it is, submit a photo you’ve taken, along with a description of no more than 200 words on why that photo makes you glad you decided to study abroad.
Here’s how the contest works:
The contest will be split into 5 rounds during which students can submit their photos.
After each round of the contest, we’ll post the 8 best submissions on our website. Then, you and other visitors to our site can vote for your favorite! The 3 photos with the most votes will be the finalists for that round.
At the end of the final round, the scholarship winners will be chosen from the finalists by a panel of judges. First place will win a $500 scholarship, and second and third places will each receive $100 scholarships.
Here are the dates you need to know:
The voting period for each round will end at 11:59 a.m. EST on the dates specified below:
|Photos Submitted By:||Vote Between:|
|Round One:||Jan. 9, 2013||Jan. 14-28, 2013|
|Round Two:||Jan. 30, 2013||Feb. 4-18, 2013|
|Round Three:||Feb. 20, 2013||Feb. 25-Mar. 11, 2013|
|Round Four:||Mar. 13, 2013||Mar. 18-Apr. 1, 2013|
|Round Five:||Apr. 3, 2013||Apr. 8-22, 2013|
Remember: Photos do not need to be taken during the round that they are submitted, but they must be taken by you!
Please submit only one photo. In addition, photos are eligible for the round they are submitted in as well as all subsequent rounds, so please don’t submit the same photo multiple times.
Whether you’ve already completed your term abroad or have recently decided on a program you want to participate in, your entries are welcome.
Rules & Eligibility:
- To be eligible for a round, submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on the final day of the round.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST Apr. 3, 2013.
- Voting ends at 11:59 a.m. EST on the last day of each round’s voting period.
- You must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in the country where you reside.
- You must either have already completed a term or year abroad, be in the process of doing so or have submitted an application to do so.
- You must have taken the photo yourself.
- Your photo and description must be your own original work and must not have been published elsewhere.
- The description of your photo must be no longer than 200 words.
- You agree that your entry becomes the property of University Language Services, Inc.
- Read the complete rules.
Winners of the scholarship contest will be announced on or about May 6, 2013, and select photos and descriptions will be posted on our website.