Our Fall 2014 contest opens Wednesday, August 27, 2014.
Win a $500.00 College Scholarship from University Language Services!
High school students: Where do you see yourselves in college?
Show University Language Services for a chance to win a $500.00 college scholarship!
For prospective college students, visiting a college campus for the first time is all about finding the perfect fit. One of the most important things you might consider upon arrival is whether or not you can imagine yourself attending that particular school.
While you’re on a campus tour, take a picture of a place on campus where you could see yourself spending a large amount of time. It could be anywhere: the main quad, a study lounge in a dorm, a basketball stadium, an auditorium…you get the idea.
Submit the photo you’ve taken, along with a description of 150-200 words, telling us why this particular part of campus appeals to you.
Both the quality of the picture and the spelling, grammar and thought put into your description count!
To see the Fall 2013 winners of the ULS Scholarship Competition, click here.
Here’s how the contest works:
The contest will be split into 4 rounds during which students can submit their photos.
After each round of the contest, we’ll post the 8 best submissions on our website. Then, you and other visitors to our site can vote for your favorite! The 3 photos with the most votes will be the finalists for that round.
At the end of the final round, the scholarship winners will be chosen from the finalists by a panel of judges. First place will win a $500 scholarship, and second and third places will each receive $100 scholarships.
Here are the dates you need to know:
The voting period for each round will end at 11:59 a.m. EST on the dates specified below:
|Photos Submitted By:||Vote Between:|
|Round One:||Sept. 10, 2014||Sept. 15-22, 2014|
|Round Two:||Sept. 24, 2014||Sept. 29-Oct. 3, 2014|
|Round Three:||Oct. 8, 2014||Oct. 13-20, 20142014|
|Round Four:||Oct. 22, 2014||Oct. 27-Nov. 3, 2014|
Remember: Photos do not need to be taken during the round that they are submitted, but they must be taken by you!
Please submit only one photo. In addition, photos are eligible for the round they are submitted in as well as all subsequent rounds, so please don’t submit the same photo multiple times.
Rules of Eligibility:
- To be eligible for a round, submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on the final day of the round.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (EST) Oct. 22, 2014.
- Voting ends at 11:59 a.m. EST on the last day of each round’s voting period.
- You must be a legal resident of the United States who is currently enrolled in an accredited high school (or home-schooled) in the US.
- The photo must have been taken while visiting a college campus in the US.
- You must have taken the photo yourself.
- Your photo and description must be your own original work and must not have been published elsewhere.
- The description of your photo must be no longer than 200 words.
- You agree that your entry becomes the property of University Language Services, Inc.
- Read the complete rules.
Winners of the scholarship contest will be announced on or about Friday Nov. 21, 2014, and select photos and descriptions will be posted on our website.
Please email email@example.com if you have any further questions.