Win a $500.00 College Scholarship from University Language Services!
Above all, studying abroad during college is about learning.
Take a photo that captures what you learned from studying abroad, write a short description of 100-200 words, and you could win a $500.00 college scholarship!
So, college students: if you’ve already studied abroad (or are abroad right now), tell us something you learned from your experience. It could be something to do with your major, your host family, or something totally unexpected – just keep it appropriate and under 200 words.
If you haven’t studied abroad yet, but have applied to do so, tell us what you want to learn from your experience.
Remember, both the photo and the description count equally – so submit your worthiest pictures and bring your best writing skills.
To see last year’s winners, click here.
Here’s how the contest works:
The contest will be split into 5 rounds during which students can submit their photos.
After each round of the contest, we’ll post the 8 best submissions on our website. Then, you and other visitors to our site can vote for your favorite! The 3 photos with the most votes will be the finalists for that round.
At the end of the final round, the scholarship winners will be chosen from the finalists by a panel of judges. First place will win a $500 scholarship, and second and third places will each receive $100 scholarships.
Here are the dates you need to know:
The voting period for each round will end at noon (EST) of the dates specified below:
|Photos Submitted By:||Vote Between:|
|Round One:||Feb. 12, 2014||Feb. 18 – Mar. 4, 2014|
|Round Two:||Mar. 5, 2014||Mar. 10 – 24, 2014|
|Round Three:||Mar. 26, 2014||Mar. 31 – Apr. 14, 2014|
|Round Four:||Apr. 16, 2014||Apr. 21 – May 5, 2014|
|Round Five:||May 7, 2014||May 12 – 26, 2014|
Remember: Photos do not need to be taken during the round that they are submitted, but they must be taken by you!
Please submit only one photo. In addition, photos are eligible for the round they are submitted in as well as all subsequent rounds, so please don’t submit the same photo multiple times.
Whether you’ve already completed your term abroad or have recently applied to a study abroad program, your entries are welcome.
Rules of Eligibility:
- To be eligible for a round, submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on the final day of the round.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (EST) May 7, 2014.
- Voting ends at 11:59 a.m. EST on the last day of each round’s voting period.
- You must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in the country where you reside.
- You must either have already completed a term or year abroad, be in the process of doing so or have submitted an application to do so.
- You must have taken the photo yourself.
- Your photo and description must be your own original work and must not have been published elsewhere.
- The description of your photo must be no longer than 200 words.
- You agree that your entry becomes the property of University Language Services, Inc.
- Read the complete rules.
Winners of the scholarship contest will be announced on or about June 2, 2014, and select photos and descriptions will be posted on our website.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.